Broadway Immigration Services

Work Right During Studies in NZ

Work Right During Studies in New Zealand

Student can work up to 20 hours each week during the academic year provided he/she is enrolled in a full time course of study that meets one of the criteria listed below.


1.  The student is undertaking at least 2 years long course at a private training establishment or tertiary institutions.

2.  The course leads to a New Zealand qualification that qualifies for points under the Skilled Migrant Category of Immigration New Zealand's Residence Instructions.

3.  The course is at least one academic year long and student is taking part in an approved tertiary exchange scheme.

4.  Student is studying in year 12 or year 13 and has written permission from his/her school and his parents.

5.  Student can work full time during the Christmas and New Year holiday period at the end of each academic year provided student's course of study is full-time and more than 12 months long.


Work rights for dependents

Spouses of student on Work Visa can work full time in NZ. However, the dependents of students on visitor visa have no work rights.

Broadway Immigration Services